Board Certified Myofascial Trigger Point Therapist
Mary Biancalana is a nationally recognized subject matter expert in myofascial trigger point therapy. She has 23 years of full-time experience working to eliminate muscle pain and improve muscle performance. Mary came to have a passion for drug-free pain relief treatments after working at a integrative Fibromyalgia clinic 22 years ago here in Chicago. Since then she has been a strong advocate, educator and lecturer on the value of myofascial trigger point therapy and empowering self-care education.
Mary has a special interest in working to eliminate the symptoms caused by fibromyalgia and is an expert in the assessment and treatment of muscle problems.
- Masters Degree, Education; Special Education, Northeastern Illinois University, Chicago, IL
- Bachelors Degree; Education, Teaching Physical Education, DePaul University Chicago, IL
Memberships & Certifications
- Board Certification in Myofascial Trigger Point Therapy
- Licensed Massage Therapist, IL
- Member- American Massage Therapy Association and Illinois Chapter of Massage Therapists
- President and Conference Chairperson, National Association of Myofascial Trigger Point Therapists
- Board Member, Secretary; International MyoPain Society
- Certified Personal Trainer, ACE; American Council on Exercise