The Many Benefits of Nutritional Counseling Chicago IL Offers
5 Ways That Nutritional Counseling is More Than Just a “Diet”
Often, when people hear the word “diet,” unsavory thoughts of bland and expensive foods come to mind. However, when it comes to nutritional counseling in Chicago IL, our practitioners at WholeHealth Chicago recognize the importance of a healthy diet. A healthy diet is not the same as a “diet” as we focus on what to eat versus eating less.
In fact, many health conditions that are treatable with dietary changes developed from poor nutrition in the first place (e.g. Type II diabetes). At WholeHealth Chicago, our nutritional counselors utilize medically proven techniques to treat not just the symptoms but the actual cause of an illness.
Here are five ways that nutritional counseling in Chicago IL can be of tremendous benefit:
1. Nutrition as a treatment for chronic health conditions. The central role of proper diet and nutrition in the management of chronic health conditions is increasingly recognized. Here are some of the common health conditions that can often be managed with nutritional counseling in Chicago IL:
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Heart disease
- Hyperlipidemia (elevated cholesterol and triglycerides in blood)
- Diabetes (Type II)
- Celiac disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
2. Establish goals and create a plan. The first step to realizing one’s goals is to clearly define them. We use proven methods for nutritional counseling in Chicago IL and customize them based on a patient’s preferences and individual health needs. Once this is done, we will “crunch the numbers” and create a calendar to see what a healthy, sustainable path to improving your health looks like. Our nutritional counselors will establish regular check-ups and re-evaluate your plan as necessary until you are hitting your milestones.
3. Customized meal planning. Every person has a different body, genetic make-up, health history, and weight/body composition goals. At WholeHealth Chicago, we recognize that the diversity of our client’s needs and preferences should be met with equal diversity and customization of nutritional plans. One size definitely does not fit all when it comes to nutritional counseling in Chicago IL. Personal characteristics that we will evaluate include the following:
- Body weight composition
- Baseline caloric intake
- Exercise regimen
- Dietary restrictions
4. Grocery store to dinner table training. Delicious recipes can challenge the idea that a nutrition-based lifestyle change will eliminate the joy of eating tasty food. Furthermore, we recognize the disconnect that can often occur between recommended recipes and what happens when one enters the grocery store. Nutritional counseling in Chicago IL can help connect these recipes to what you actually need to purchase from the grocery store and in what quantity, so that your valuable time and money is not wasted.
5. Budget. Poor eating habits in America is often not a choice of the will, but of the wallet. We can offer tips and solutions to eating healthy and frugally. Based on your weekly budget for food, we will do our best to create an affordable plan that adheres to your financial situation. Nutritional counseling in Chicago IL does not have to break the budget.
The Effectiveness of Nutritional Counseling
Nutrition counseling Chicago IL at WholeHealth Chicago specialize in helping clients make diet and lifestyle changes to improve health and vitality, inflammatory conditions, hypertension, diabetes, digestive conditions, fibromyalgia, food sensitivities, metabolic syndrome, fatigue, and many other conditions.
It is a disease-reduction program with the primary goal of helping individuals achieve and maintain a healthy body composition (lean muscle-to-fat ratio) in order to improve health, manage disease, feel better, and reduce the risk of serious conditions.
One-on-one counseling and education regarding diet, nutrition, movement, vitamin, and supplement plans is the hallmark of nutrition counseling Chicago, IL at WholeHealth Chicago.
Nutritional programs are catered to individualized lifestyle and clinical needs. Nutritionists works closely with the doctors at WholeHealth Chicago to create a nutrition program that addresses clients’ unique requirements. Follow-up visits will keep you on track.
WholeHealth Chicago: Effective Nutritional Counseling in Chicago IL
Call WholeHealth Chicago to explore the many benefits of nutritional counseling Chicago IL community members appreciate.