A homeopathic doctor Chicago IL locals recommend from WholeHealth Chicago can treat a wide range of afflictions without prescribing drugs or performing surgery. Call us at 773.296.6700 for an appointment with a Chicago IL homeopathic doctor who can review your condition and determine if a homeopathic remedy is right for you.
What is homeopathy?
Homeopathy is a medical approach that alters somewhat from conventional medical practice in that it incorporates the use of natural substances in diluted quantities to treat a number of ailments. A homeopathic doctor Chicago IL residents choose can review your medical condition, personal health history, and other factors to determine what homeopathic remedies might be most effective to treat your condition.
Homeopathy’s origins is based on two principles, or medical approaches, that are mirrored throughout the history of medicine:
- Like cures like. The body has the ability to heal itself. When the body experiences certain symptoms it naturally understands how it must react to those symptoms in order to regain balance and return to a healed state. This automatic healing process is otherwise known as “the vital response” and is intrinsic among living organisms.
- The homeopathic approach is that when a patient takes medicine that is similar to the affliction they’re suffering from, it triggers the body’s natural vital response to heal itself. In this way, the affliction or disease is healed from within the body.
- To determine the most effective medicine, the homeopathic practitioner will recommend a small dosage initially to gauge the body’s response. Adjustments will then be made if necessary in order to trigger the vital response.
- Only the minimum amount of dosage should be prescribed. This approach is based on the knowledge that the medicine is intended to trigger the body’s internal healing mechanism rather than attempting to treat it using an onslaught of medications.
- By prescribing only small dosages of the medicine, the homeopathic practitioner can reduce the likelihood that their patient will experience the gross side effects that are so often associated with taking conventional medications.
What can homeopathic medicine and remedies treat?
A homeopathic doctor Chicago IL community members turn to from WholeHealth Chicago might use homeopathic medicine is used to relieve your pain from:
- Minor skin irritations
- Bruising and bumps from injuries
- Flu and colds
- Bed wetting
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Irritable bowel syndrome
Using Homeopathic Medicine with Other Medications
A homeopathic doctor Chicago IL patients trust will generally not recommend that they stop taking their medications prescribed by another doctor. Rather, they will supplement their medication with natural treatments such as vitamins and nutritional supplements. Therefore, it’s important to let your homeopathic doctor in Chicago IL know all of the medications you’re taking. This will also reduce the risk of a contraindication with the medication. Depending on your condition, your homeopathic doctor may also recommend that you consider one or more of the following treatments in combination with your existing medications:
- Healing touch therapy
- Guided imagery
Seek Relief Today
Find out if homeopathy treatments are right for you by calling 773.296.6700 to speak with a homeopathic doctor Chicago IL offers from WholeHealth Chicago.