The Treatment of Fibromyalgia
WholeHealth Chicago provides a fibromyalgia doctor Chicago IL sufferers turn to for pain relief. If you are suffering from this incredibly painful condition, call us today at 773.296.6700 to meet with a fibromyalgia doctor in Chicago IL who can help improve your quality of life and lessen your discomfort.
What is fibromyalgia?
As fibromyalgia sufferers are very aware, it is an aching pain that can affect the entire body. It is also a chronic condition. Around five million Americans suffer from fibromyalgia, the majority of whom are women. The cause is not known though genetics may play a part. There is no definitive cure that completely rids the body of fibromyalgia. However, a fibromyalgia doctor Chicago IL locals recommend from WholeHealth Chicago can lessen its effects and reduce the severity of symptoms.
What are the symptoms of fibromyalgia?
A Chicago IL fibromyalgia doctor may tell you that symptoms will vary from patient to patient but the most common effects of fibromyalgia include:
- Muscle, tendon, and ligament stiffness and achiness.
- Deep muscular pain anywhere in the body that comes and goes, particularly among women.
- Deep muscular pain in the shoulder, particularly among men.
- Fatigue, accompanied by the inability to focus on everyday tasks or work.
- Sleep deprivation, insomnia, the sensation of feeling exhausted upon waking up.
- Irritable bowel syndrome characterized by abdominal gas and pain, diarrhea, and constipation.
- Sensitivity to bright lights, noise, certain foods, medications, chemicals, temperature, or odors.
- Chronic headaches.
- Menstrual cramping.
- Jaw pain.
- Tingling and numbness in the extremities.
- Cognitive and memory challenges.
- Pelvic pain.
The Treatment of Fibromyalgia
After a comprehensive exam by a fibromyalgia doctor Chicago IL patients rely on from our staff, you will have a better understanding of your best treatment options as they vary by patient. Quite often we use a team approach and rely on the skills of our medical specialists to treat the various aspects of your particular condition. We believe in the importance of the mind and body connection and thus avoid prescribing unnecessary medications. Our team can work together to provide you an effective treatment plan to reduce your pain from fibromyalgia and improve your overall health. Under the guidance of a fibromyalgia doctor Chicago IL residents choose from WholeHealth Chicago you may be recommended to undergo:
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Instruction in pain management and coping techniques
- Rest and activity management and planning
- Exercise, including stretching as well as low-impact aerobic activity such as yoga, walking, stretching, or the use of elliptical trainers or stationary bikes
- A change in sleeping habits to improve mood and energy as well as to reduce pain
- Meditation, breath work, or yoga to relax and reduce stress levels
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
Seek Relief Today
If you are suffering from the symptoms of fibromyalgia, seek relief from your pain at WholeHealth Chicago with the help of our dedicated staff. Call us without delay at 773.296.6700 to meet with a fibromyalgia doctor Chicago IL offers who can help improve your quality of life.