Alternative Medical Solutions
When it comes to finding a reputable and trusted alternative medicine doctor Chicago IL patients turn to WholeHealth Chicago. Though surgery and prescription narcotics can be very effective, and save lives, they are not needed for every medical condition. In fact, when used indiscriminately, surgery and drugs can worsen a person’s health and lead to long term medical problems, including drug addictions. At WholeHealth Chicago, our highly trained staff includes more than one Chicago IL alternative medicine doctor who serves our community with the highest standards of medical care. We invite you to call us today at 773.296.6700 to make an appointment with an alternative medicine doctor Chicago IL offers who can address your condition or health concern.
What is alternative medicine?
Constant advances in alternative medicine make it difficult to offer a precise definition. New, alternative treatments are developed all the time, and the expanding curriculum of learning institutions and board certifications reflect this. One of the reasons for the rise in popularity of alternative medicine is that even western doctors recognize its value when used in conjunction with traditional treatment. For example, a patient’s recovery time after some types of surgery can be significantly shortened when they receive massage therapy as part of their post-operative treatment. An alternative medicine doctor in Chicago IL from WholeHealth Chicago can determine if this approach might be beneficial for you.
Examples of Alternative Medicine
There are many alternative medical solutions available, and the list is expanding all of the time. An alternative medicine doctor Chicago IL residents choose from our clinic can provide you with more information specific to your condition. However, the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health classifies them into three categories:
- Natural products. This includes herbal remedies and natural dietary supplements which can be taken as tablets, capsules, oils, or even teas. Common examples are:
- Echinacea, an herb
- Ginkgo, an herb
- Ginseng, an herb
- Glucosamine sulfate, a dietary supplement
- Selenium, a dietary supplement
- Mind and body practices. These techniques reinforce and repair the natural bond between the mind and body. When this bond is broken or fractured, disease and illness can develop. Examples of mind and body practices include:
- Relaxation exercises, for the mind
- Meditation, for the mind
- Prayer, for the mind
- Chiropractic treatments, for the body
- Massage, for the body
- Additional health approaches. This is a catch-all category that includes ancient healing systems such as traditional Chinese medicine (including acupuncture) and Ayurveda which originated in India. An alternative medicine doctor Chicago IL locals recommend from WholeHealth Chicago can meet with you to determine which treatment might work best for your condition.
Improve Your Quality of Life
If you are suffering from a health ailment that is robbing you of health and happiness, you may have medical options other than drugs and surgery. Talk to us at WholeHealth Chicago about what our medical professionals might possibly be able to do for you. Give us a call today at 773.296.6700 to schedule an appointment with a respected alternative medicine doctor Chicago IL community members rely on for solutions that work.