Katie is a board certified Family Nurse Practitioner. She began her career as an RN in the neonatal intensive care unit, where she realized that an individual’s health begins before conception and involves the entire family. Katie found conventional medicine lacking in keeping families healthy and began seeking a different approach. Along with her own life-changing experiences using integrative medicine, she was inspired to pursue her advanced practice nursing degree in order to practice functional medicine in both primary care and chronic disease care settings.
Katie earned her Bachelors of Science in nursing at Bradley University and her Family Nurse Practitioner degree at Purdue University. She began seeking out like-minded practitioners with whom to complete her education and training so she could focus on an integrative approach from day one of her practice.
Katie is currently continuing her training and education, focusing on integrative approaches to healing. Her primary practice and passion is optimizing wellness. She sees the value in focusing on men’s and especially women’s health in order to fully support health before, during, and after pregnancy, with the goal of creating children and families who are set up for a lifetime of living well. Her overall objective is to shift the paradigm currently present in healthcare and develop healthy family units.
Katie utilizes the latest research in nutrition, lifestyle, exercise science, and cellular metabolism to enhance the body’s potential to heal itself and optimize treatment protocols.
SHOULD I SEE HER? YES!
• If your chronic unexplained pain, fatigue, gastrointestinal upset, or moodiness have been dismissed by other doctors.
• If you’re looking to ignite changes in your lifestyle in order to live a happier, healthier, and more energized life.
• If you’re looking for a primary care provider who will take the time to get to know you and work with you to keep you well.
• If you’re interested in learning about how you can prevent disease and achieve the best possible wellness.
• If you have a family history of disease you wish to avoid.
• If you’re interested in learning about alternative and non-conventional treatment options that may be right for you.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT FROM THERAPY?
Katie will work closely with you to:
• Establish a relationship both as a person and a patient in order to best realize and meet your health needs.
• Determine the actual cause of your symptoms in order to heal and prevent future illness.
• Guide you in deciding among the many options offered by Western medicine along with discussing the pros and cons of Eastern and alternative options to create the most suitable care plan for you.
• Create a healthy lifestyle that feels natural and non-restrictive, resulting in increased energy, greater ability of your body to heal, and an overall happier life.
Adult wellness exams
Well woman exams
Disease screening, prevention, and treatment of illness
Health coaching and health education tools
Pre-pregnancy and post partum wellness support
Pediatric acute and chronic care
By appointment Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Also by email daily.