Jennifer Puent, MSN, APRN, FNP-BC
Home / Meet Our Staff / Jennifer Puent
Family Nurse Practitioner
Jennifer is a board-certified family nurse practitioner and has completed several functional medicine courses through the Institute of Functional Medicine. Prior to WholeHealth Chicago, Jennifer worked as an APN in primary care, urgent care, and community health settings from California to Chicago. She was a traveling ICU nurse prior to becoming a Family Nurse Practitioner, although her career in healthcare started much earlier, at the age of 15, when she was accepted into the medical academy during high school.
Jennifer’s training and experience has taken her as far as South America, experiencing shamanic healing practices to very rural and underserved areas. Her diverse experiences have motivated her to strive to provide access to high quality healthcare to all. She is committed to preventative medicine and addressing the root cause of chronic illness from a whole-body, holistic approach. Her goals are to optimize your physical health as well as achieving an overall sense of well being and balance.
In her free time, you could find her in her backyard garden trying to grow healthy food for her family, friends, and neighbors while chasing around her little one.
- Post Master’s Certificate Nurse Practitioner, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus (Aurora, CO)
- Master of Science in Nursing, DePaul University (Chicago, IL)
- Bachelor of Science in Earth and Environmental Earth Sciences, University of Illinois (Urbana, IL and Chicago, IL)
Memberships & Certifications
- Board Certified Family Nurse Practitioner
- Institute of Functional Medicine, Member