Casey Kelley, MD, became interested in Integrative Medicine early in her education when she began asking questions about health and healing that conventional medicine was unable to answer. She began seeking out like-minded health practitioners and started studying Functional Medicine, which has developed in recent years into one of the most important areas of Integrative Medicine.
Functional Medicine is a personalized, patient-centered health care system that honors the unique genetic and biochemical individuality of each human being. Although Functional Medicine offers excellent approaches to chronic conditions, its ultimate goal is prevention and healthy longevity.
After being personally affected by Lyme disease, Dr. Kelley now focuses her practice on using a Functional Medicine approach to help those suffering from chronic Lyme disease and other tick-borne illnesses.
Dr. Kelley is a Board Certified Family Practice physician and a Diplomate of the American Board of Integrative Medicine. She received her MD from The Ohio State University College of Medicine and completed her residency in Family Medicine at St. Joseph Hospital in Chicago. A founding member of the Academy of Integrative Health and Medicine, she is also a member of The Institute of Functional Medicine and the International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society (ILADS) and has completed the ILADS Physician Training Program.
She is an instructor of clinical Family and Community Medicine at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine and lectures about Lyme disease across the country for Xymogen.
.SHOULD I SEE HER? YES!
• If your chronic unexplained symptoms of pain, fatigue, gastrointestinal upset, or moodiness are frequently dismissed by other doctors.
• If you are looking for a primary care doctor who will take the time to get to know you and work to help keep you well.
• If you are interested in learning about ways you can help prevent disease and achieve your best possible wellness.
• If you have a family history of disease you wish to avoid.
• If you are interested in learning about alternative and non-conventional treatment options that may be right for you.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT FROM THERAPY?
Dr. Kelley will work in-depth with you to:
- Find the root causes of your symptoms.
- Order any necessary diagnostic tests.
- Guide you through the sometimes-dizzying maze of options.
- Help create your personal health care team.
- Create a treatment program specifically tailored to achieving the best outcomes for you.
- Trigger point injections
- Joint injections – including prolozone
- Scar injections
- Well-woman exams
- Skin biopsies
- Wart removal
- Laceration repair
- Abscess care
By appointment Monday through Thursday.
FROM DR. KELLEY…
“The human body is the most intricate and complex system ever created. Each body is so unique that it is hard to believe that one-size-fits-all-medicine is really the most effective way to make people feel their best. With a program of wellness tailored specifically to your needs, you can unlock your body’s amazing capacity to heal itself.”
Here’s my video