Saturday December 1, 2018, 10:30am-12:30pm
Fee: $75.00 (includes take home materials and snacks)
Do you suffer from a sluggish digestive system, constipation, and/or bloating? Does it feel like those symptoms get worse as we head toward the holidays and winter season? Are you looking for ways to optimize your digestion?
Join WholeHealth Chicago’s Yoga Therapist Renee Zambo, Dietitian Olivia Wagner, and Occupation Therapist Valarie McConville for two valuable hours of digestive health and cleansing!
This workshop will begin with a 30-minute therapeutic yoga practice to soothe and activate abdominal muscles with breathing techniques, gentle postures and healthy self-awareness. Next, participants will learn digestive cleansing and healthy eating habits for the winter season, complimented with light snacks and sample meal plans. Next, get an overview of the lymphatic system and how our immune strength is intertwined with digestive health. Finally, learn a gentle, soothing belly massage along the digestive tract for mobility of lymph fluid, elimination of bloating, and enhance health of the abdominal organs.
In this workshop, you will learn:
- A gentle yoga practice to elongate and soothe musculature in the abdomen
- Specific breathing techniques and postures to stimulate digestive “fire”
- Strategies to address symptoms including bloating, constipation, and other digestive distress
- Tools to eat healthy all Winter long
- Education on the lymphatic system
- Gentle belly massage along digestive trac
Space is limited and registration is required.
Please register online.
Call the Center for additional information at (773) 296-6700
*Please note: This workshop takes place on the second floor of our office;
a short walk up one flight of stairs.