Lyme Academy Invitation

Dear Patient:

I’m writing to invite you to participate in a small-group program called Lyme Academy, designed specifically for people with Lyme disease. Our Lyme Academy group will meet with me once weekly for four weeks to address medical and other issues related to living with Lyme. By choosing to participate we’ll encourage you to:

• Help us develop the program for your particular group so it specifically meets your needs.
  • Evaluate the success of Lyme Academy.

Here’s how it will work. You’ll meet with me, an assistant, and from 15 to 20 other patients for an hour and a half in a conference room in our offices. During each visit, we’ll establish time to discuss a specific health topic related to Lyme, time for exchanging with other patients, and time for asking me individual questions.

Lyme Academy is being established to help patients cope with Lyme-related health problems. Group visits offer an opportunity to exchange helpful information with those who are dealing with similar issues. From time to time, we’ll be joined by other health professionals, such as herbalists and nutritionists.

Our next group visit will be held from 6:00 to 7:30 pm Tuesday, February 28th (and for the following three Tuesdays), at WholeHealth Chicago. Feel free to bring a family member with you. If you’re interested, please call 773-296-6700 to sign up. When you come in for your Lyme Academy group visit, check in with the front desk, pay your usual co-pay, and the receptionist will direct you to our meeting place.

We welcome your participation. If you decide against it, however, I’ll continue to see you in the office as in the past.

Sincerely,
Casey Kelley, MD

PS: Because this visit includes a medical evaluation, the group visits are billed as brief doctor visits and a co-pay for BC/BS patients or $58 for out-of-network patients will be collected on the day of service. Also, because this is a doctor’s visit, we’ll maintain the same cancellation policy we have for individual office visits.

1. Lauren Howard says:

I was eating paleo to combat huntington’s and I loosed some sequestered spirochetes. I tried co onut oil and my face herxed to leather, my md says im nuts, all too true, but the naturopath showed me spirochettes in my blood. 1st cried then prescribed strong hydrogen peroxide bath with mustard followed up by epsoms. SAMBUNTO, cats claw grapefruit seed extract and numerous herbs to protect my organs from die-off and bolster my immune system. Im gpi.g to.beat this and huntingtons too by ketogenics, im afraid to hold my grandchildren. But I love my flock of sheep (6) and my mammoth donkey. I was a chgo fire fighter 30 years, now reinventing an even better personna,
    Thanks, Lauren, F,63

2. T. Earp says:

I have considered attending these classes, but since I work every day until 5pm, quite a ways a way, it would be very hard for me to get there by 5:30pm. (I don’t drive.)

I am hoping that one day, these would be offered at a 6pm (or later) start time.

3. Melissa says:

I would love to , however I’m from Pittsburgh. Thank you.It’s wonderful to know research is being done to try and combat this epidemic

4. C. Morrison says:

I wish I still lived in Chicago, as I truly appreciated the care given me by Whole Health Chicago when I was there.

In New Mexico it is very hard to get quality health care — it doesn’t matter what your income level is. Those who can afford it go to other states in order to receive the care they need. The ignorance level is high here when it comes to Lyme, and for any post-Lyme syndrome it’s even worse (and there is now initial Lyme showing up in this state). NPs are the only way to go here, but there are few and they are over-burdened with the number of people seeking their help. It’s dire.

5. Kelsey Jessee (previously Karcher) says:

I would love to attend this, and bring my husband with me, theres no guarantee I’ll be off work in time to make it.

Total bummer.

Cant wait to hear how everybody likes it though. I think it’s a awesome idea!

6. A. Levy says:

A close friend of mine had suffered from this for many years. After she switched up her diet to exclude as many toxins as possible and to include the nutrients and trace minerals the body requires, they felt so much better.

7. Violetta Mickiewicz says:

Please notify me about new Lyme classes. I would love to attend!

• cliffmaurer says:

Hello Violetta – We will likely start Lyme Academy again in January; please keep an eye on our home page for announcements about the next session. Looking forward to welcoming you to the classes!
      -Dr M

Get health recommendations, recipes, medical news, supplement reviews, birthday discounts, and more!

**Pain Relief with Myofascial Balls
Tuesday, October 29, 6-8pm
With Renee Zambo, C-IAYT Yoga Therapist

Course Fee: $65.00
(includes WholeHealth Chicago Myofascial Release Kit, $40 value)

Does that same spot in your neck, shoulders, back or hips seem to bother you every day? Do you have joint aches and pains in the hands and feet? Would you like to learn ways to alleviate that pain and tension?

Join WholeHealth Chicago’s Yoga and Movement Therapist Renee Zambo for an evening of muscle tension release with myofascial therapy balls.

Please register online.
Call the Center for additional information at (773) 296-6700

• Dandruff, Fungi, and Cancer of the Pancreas

It’s an eye-catching title, I’ll admit. But the links are quite real and further research may guide medicine in new directions of cancer prevention and treatment. It all starts in your gut microbiome, the totality of microorganisms–bacteria, viruses, protozoa, and fungi–present in your gastrointestinal (GI) tract, mouth to anus. Until recently, researchers and clinical physicians alike paid virtually no attention to the microbiome and the Read More

• New Hope For Sinus Sufferers

When osteopath Dr. Rob Ivker moved to Colorado in the 1980s to set up his family practice, he had no idea that when he stepped off the plane he’d succumb to symptoms of chronic sinusitis that just wouldn’t go away: stuffy nose, thick mucus, pressure behind his cheekbones and above his eyebrows, dull aching headache, and thick goopy drainage in the back of his throat. Read More

• Director of IV Therapies Katie McManigal, BSN, ANP

Most people at some point in their lives have had an intravenous (IV) line. An adept nurse warned you about the tiny pinch of the needle as it was smoothly inserted and taped in place.  Then the  fluid dangling above your head slowly started making its way through a tube and into your body. IVs are all over the place in hospitals. They’re seen in Read More

October Sale – Save 20% off UltraMeal Rice

UltraMeal RICE is a tasty, non-dairy, nutritionally fortified, powdered meal replacement for those who want to support healthy body composition but may be sensitive to soy.

Click here to take advantage of this month’s promotion!