Lyme Academy Invitation

Dear Patient:

I’m writing to invite you to participate in a small-group program called Lyme Academy, designed specifically for people with Lyme disease. Our Lyme Academy group will meet with me once weekly for four weeks to address medical and other issues related to living with Lyme. By choosing to participate we’ll encourage you to:

• Help us develop the program for your particular group so it specifically meets your needs.
  • Evaluate the success of Lyme Academy.

Here’s how it will work. You’ll meet with me, an assistant, and from 15 to 20 other patients for an hour and a half in a conference room in our offices. During each visit, we’ll establish time to discuss a specific health topic related to Lyme, time for exchanging with other patients, and time for asking me individual questions.

Lyme Academy is being established to help patients cope with Lyme-related health problems. Group visits offer an opportunity to exchange helpful information with those who are dealing with similar issues. From time to time, we’ll be joined by other health professionals, such as herbalists and nutritionists.

Our next group visit will be held from 6:00 to 7:30 pm Tuesday, February 28th (and for the following three Tuesdays), at WholeHealth Chicago. Feel free to bring a family member with you. If you’re interested, please call 773-296-6700 to sign up. When you come in for your Lyme Academy group visit, check in with the front desk, pay your usual co-pay, and the receptionist will direct you to our meeting place.

We welcome your participation. If you decide against it, however, I’ll continue to see you in the office as in the past.

Sincerely,
Casey Kelley, MD

PS: Because this visit includes a medical evaluation, the group visits are billed as brief doctor visits and a co-pay for BC/BS patients or $58 for out-of-network patients will be collected on the day of service. Also, because this is a doctor’s visit, we’ll maintain the same cancellation policy we have for individual office visits.

1. Lauren Howard says:

I was eating paleo to combat huntington’s and I loosed some sequestered spirochetes. I tried co onut oil and my face herxed to leather, my md says im nuts, all too true, but the naturopath showed me spirochettes in my blood. 1st cried then prescribed strong hydrogen peroxide bath with mustard followed up by epsoms. SAMBUNTO, cats claw grapefruit seed extract and numerous herbs to protect my organs from die-off and bolster my immune system. Im gpi.g to.beat this and huntingtons too by ketogenics, im afraid to hold my grandchildren. But I love my flock of sheep (6) and my mammoth donkey. I was a chgo fire fighter 30 years, now reinventing an even better personna,
    Thanks, Lauren, F,63

2. T. Earp says:

I have considered attending these classes, but since I work every day until 5pm, quite a ways a way, it would be very hard for me to get there by 5:30pm. (I don’t drive.)

I am hoping that one day, these would be offered at a 6pm (or later) start time.

3. Melissa says:

I would love to , however I’m from Pittsburgh. Thank you.It’s wonderful to know research is being done to try and combat this epidemic

4. C. Morrison says:

I wish I still lived in Chicago, as I truly appreciated the care given me by Whole Health Chicago when I was there.

In New Mexico it is very hard to get quality health care — it doesn’t matter what your income level is. Those who can afford it go to other states in order to receive the care they need. The ignorance level is high here when it comes to Lyme, and for any post-Lyme syndrome it’s even worse (and there is now initial Lyme showing up in this state). NPs are the only way to go here, but there are few and they are over-burdened with the number of people seeking their help. It’s dire.

5. Kelsey Jessee (previously Karcher) says:

I would love to attend this, and bring my husband with me, theres no guarantee I’ll be off work in time to make it.

Total bummer.

Cant wait to hear how everybody likes it though. I think it’s a awesome idea!

6. A. Levy says:

A close friend of mine had suffered from this for many years. After she switched up her diet to exclude as many toxins as possible and to include the nutrients and trace minerals the body requires, they felt so much better.

7. Violetta Mickiewicz says:

Please notify me about new Lyme classes. I would love to attend!

• cliffmaurer says:

Hello Violetta – We will likely start Lyme Academy again in January; please keep an eye on our home page for announcements about the next session. Looking forward to welcoming you to the classes!
      -Dr M

Get health recommendations, recipes, medical news, supplement reviews, birthday discounts, and more!

**Winter Solstice Celebration: An evening of Acupuncture and Shamanic Healing
Tuesday, December 17, 5:45–7:30pm
Hosted by Katie Oberlin, HTCP and Mari Stecker, LAc

Course Fee: $75.00

Take a break from the hustle and bustle of the holiday season to enter the stillpoint of the Winter Solstice, reflect on the lessons of 2019, and set intentions for the new year. This will be an evening of individual and group healing, ceremony, and celebration. More →

• Infertility Issues? Start With The Guy

I’ve lost track of the number of couples we treat at WholeHealth Chicago who are involved in one of the hormone injection/surgical procedure stops on the conveyor belt of infertility centers. Currently, it’s estimated that 15 to 20 percent of couples are struggling with infertility, half of them due to male factors. The infertility docs are nice enough and certainly well-meaning, but I note a Read More

• Issues with Endocrinologists: Thyroid Approaches and Big Pharma

My beefs with endocrinologists pretty much center on how they manage thyroid gland concerns, though they rarely win prizes for managing adrenal issues either. I don’t know any endocrinologists personally and rarely refer my patients to them. Occasionally, a patient with newly diagnosed hypothyroidism (low thyroid) will want to confirm the diagnosis with an endocrinologist. I suggest she prepare for a scolding if she’s taking Read More

• Six Beefs With Rheumatologists

If you find yourself in the waiting room of a rheumatologist, you’re likely there because your joints hurt and have been hurting, often for years. You’ve been getting by on aspirin or Advil for the pain, but with things worsening your primary care doctor suggests you should see a joint specialist, a rheumatologist. And because there’s a shortage of physicians in this specialty, your appointment Read More

Join our Discount Program!

Member benefits include 10% off all your purchases. Low, one-time membership fee of $25 ($35 for family).

MORE INFORMATION