As you’ve probably figured out by now, the Affordable Care Act (“Obamacare”) will be bringing a lot of changes to the way health care is delivered in America. Along with additional governmental regulations comes new, advanced access and control of your personal medical information.
As a patient at WholeHealth Chicago, you now have the opportunity to gain control of your personal medical records. As a subscriber-member of our EMR system, you will have access to:
- Your medical records on-line from anywhere in the world and will be able to add any new data (lab, MRI and x-ray, medications, consultations from specialists, etc.) to your EMR.
- Private communications with your practitioners through a secure channel. (A nominal fee may be charged for some communications that require medical decision-making.)
- Our patient scheduling system with the ability to schedule your appointments on-line without calling our office. You will also receive appointment reminders two days prior to your appointment.
- Electronic prescribing. You will be able to securely e-mail your physician for a medication renewal and your physician will contact the pharmacy you have selected with your membership. Certain prescriptions, like controlled substances, will continue to require a paper prescription.
- Your medical records for practitioner services and lab reports. You will receive lab results and MRI/x rays reports online.
In Summary, the Benefits of Becoming a Subscriber-Member
- Access to your medical records by a secure and private electronic system
- Secure and private communication with your physician(s) and/or practitioner(s)
- Access to appointment scheduling, cancellations, and appointment reminders
- Electronic medication prescribing and prescription renewal
- Laboratory, MRI, and x-ray reports sent directly to your accessible health records
- On-line referral to specialists and other therapists
Your membership begins with a free 30-day trial. Individual membership is $49.00 per year or $75.00 for a family. Enrollment is optional; however, non-members will not have access to the benefits listed above.