Click here for the original post.
Six easy ways to reduce stress and feel better:
1. Want a natural stress buster? Aerobic exercises like brisk walking, cycling, or swimming are some of nature’s best tranquilizers. Exercise increases your serotonin, a neurotransmitter (brain chemical) that buffers stress.
2. Finding it hard to get motivated? Set some goals you can reach. Make a list. Check things off. Feel a real sense of accomplishment.
3. Stressed at work? Leave the confines of your office regularly. To make sure you do, set a timer to remind yourself to take a break. Exit the building and go for a walk. Or walk up 5 flights of stairs and then back down. Stir up your blood, reduce stress.
4. Want to be more optimistic? Reframing is a most useful technique. No matter how badly things are going, no matter how many awful events are occurring in your life, in any difficult situation find at least one aspect that’s positive and focus on it.
5. Had a tough day? Watch a funny movie tonight (seriously). Research shows that people viewing comedies have lower levels of stress hormones than people who unwind with news or dramas.
6. Want to keep that sense of well being? Take regular vacations, even if they’re just weekends at a nearby bed and breakfast. Research shows that people who take at least one vacation a year are healthier than people who scrimp on their time off.
I’ll have six more ideas next time.