Dr. Rubin is a unique chiropractic physician in that he practices as a primary care physician using a functional medicine approach with his patients. Functional medicine is a way of thinking about disease based on how all the body’s systems work together. It is a more individualized method that helps doctors find the cause and understand the mechanism of a condition instead of just treating symptoms while the underlying disease process continues.
Along with Dr. Edelberg, Dr. Rubin started WholeHealth Chicago in 2001 as a center for integrative medicine, a specialty combining conventional medicine with alternative therapies. He is a Diplomate of the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners and is certified to practice acupuncture and physical therapy. Dr. Rubin teaches the fundamentals of chiropractic and functional medicine to University of Chicago internal medicine residents who rotate through WholeHealth Chicago for their alternative medicine experience.
SHOULD I SEE HIM? YES!
If you are seeking support in any of the following areas:
- If you have any chronic medical condition (fibromyalgia, migraine headaches, asthma, digestive problems, menstrual disorders, etc.) and want to learn if functional medicine can help resolve them and contribute to your well-being.
- If you have allergies or hypersensitivities to food, chemicals, or inhalants (scents, pollen, fumes) of any kind.
- If a chronic physical symptom is keeping you from enjoying your life fully and completely.
- If you suffer from chronic headaches, back pain, or numbness, pain, or tingling in your arms or legs.
- If you’ve experienced a sports injury that is now preventing peak performance.
- If you are looking for a way to promote your healing and improve your quality of life.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT FROM THERAPY?
- A partnership directed at helping you reach your goals as quickly as possible.
- An educational experience. You will learn about the intricacies, capacities, and limitations of your body and what steps you can take to maintain the quality of life you desire.
- A sense of empowerment. You’ll start taking responsibility for your overall health because you’ll know what works rather than just “letting things happen.”
- No endless return visits. Referrals to Chicago’s best orthopedists, neurologists, and neurosurgeons if you’re not making progress as expected.
- An integrated team approach with other professionals at WholeHealth Chicago.
- Chiropractic manipulative therapy
- Nutritional counseling, acupuncture, physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Cranial manipulation
- Applied Kinesiology, in which muscle strength is tested to identify health problems and nutritional deficiencies.
- Full laboratory services
Tuesday mornings: Huron Avenue office
Monday, Wednesday and Thursday: Clybourn Avenue Center
Early morning hours at both locations beginning at 7:00 AM
24-hour on-call availability via e-mail
From DR. RUBIN…
“I’ve taken a natural approach to restoring health since I began my practice in 1981, focusing on functional integrity, which allows the body to move more easily toward balance, enhanced health, and successful aging. I view the role of a health care provider as assisting the body’s natural ability to heal itself.”
Here’s my video