Dr. Roekle is a clinical psychologist who practices Integrative Psychotherapy. She has a doctorate in clinical psychology and has worked with individuals, families, children, and groups with a wide variety of presenting issues, including anxiety, depression, trauma, loss, relationship issues, and existential/spiritual concerns. Dr. Roekle is influenced by several therapeutic approaches, such as cognitive-behavioral, psychodynamic, systems, humanistic, and transpersonal/nondual approaches, as well as energy-informed psychology, including the use of acupressure (Emotional Freedom Technique/EFT) to relieve emotional distress. Dr. Roekle received her PsyD from The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, where she is currently on faculty, teaching seminars on the practice of psychotherapy, as well as advising and research courses. Dr. Roekle regularly presents papers at conferences on a range of subjects, including therapy with families, specific cognitive techniques, improvisation for therapists, and transpersonal/nondual psychotherapy.
SHOULD I SEE HER? YES!
- If you feel stuck in some way—mental, emotional and behavioral patterns repeating without knowing how to break the patterns. This can include patterns of anxiety, phobia, obsessive thoughts, destructive behaviors, relational issues, and trauma symptoms. Therapy can assist you in getting out of a “loop” and back on a path of growth, openness, and increased energy.
- If you are looking for ways to activate your innate healing abilities.
- If you want to find your own calling/purpose/unique gifts.
- If you want to explore your own psychology and get to the root/source of things, letting go of core beliefs that may be holding you back.
- If you are on a spiritual search and want to discuss the “big questions” with a fellow traveler.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT FROM THERAPY?
- A collaboration aimed at helping you reach your goals—with energy informed integrative psychology methods, this can sometimes be in just a few sessions, or it can be a longer exploration, depending on what you are looking for.
- Empowerment. You should leave therapy equipped with a number of ways to cope with stressors and promote healing.
- Confidentiality, honesty, openness, and genuine concern.
- An integrated team approach with others at WholeHealth Chicago, as needed.
- Improv for Therapists Presentations and Workshops
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) training
- Other presentations on various topics in psychotherapy
Wednesday-Friday. Evening Hours on Wednesday and Thursday.
FROM DR. ROEKLE…
“Therapy is a great opportunity to explore our internal world and examine the thoughts and behaviors that would block us from open and honest living and being. Therapy is collaborative; we start where you want to start, and work together to reach your goals and identify new possibilities…which begin to present themselves as old patterns are shaken up.”
Here’s my video