Dr. Kristen Donigan is board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine and completed her residency at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago. At the heart of Dr. Donigan’s belief system as a physician is that each of us has the innate capacity to heal ourselves and be healthy beings. We are the ‘stuff’ of mind, body, and spirit, intimately connected to our environment. Dr. Donigan’s approach is to address your symptoms, but more importantly, seek their cause. She envisions your ‘symptoms’ as messages from your body seeking your help to restore its proper function and return it to good health. Rather than using prescription medications to suppress your symptoms, she’ll work with you to put your body back onto its own pathway to perfect health.
As a D.O. (doctor of osteopathic medicine), Dr. Donigan is fully licensed to practice medicine, just like M.D.s, but she has additional training in osteopathic manipulation, a century old form of hands-on diagnosis and treatment. Her training as a physician is thus very broad-based, including osteopathic medical school and her internal medicine residency in one of Chicago’s highest regarded academic programs.
SHOULD I SEE HER? YES!
If you want to:
• Explore what your body is communicating through your symptoms.
• Understand how all aspects of your life—eating habits, physical activity, innermost thoughts, emotions, and beliefs—all influence your well-being.
• Improve the quality of your health and well-being.
• Learn techniques in mindfulness-based stress reduction.
• Prefer natural therapies to prescription drugs (although Dr. Donigan will prescribe medications when necessary).
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Gentle guidance through the complex system of healing modalities.
- Thorough responses to all your questions.
- Compassionate questions to explore your history and goals.
- Consideration of all factors contributing to your health.
- Collaborative development of a wellness plan.
- Appropriate use of diagnostic tests and referrals.
- Careful utilization of both conventional and alternative treatment modalities.
- Well-woman exams.
- Educational tools for better eating, exercise, and stress reduction.
By appointment Monday through Saturday and by email every day.
FROM DR. DONIGAN…
“To me, the study of health is endlessly fascinating because it encompasses all aspects of the human experience. It’s more than just the biochemistry and physics of genetics, nutrition and exercise—it’s about relationships, culture, thought, emotion, belief, history, environment, and even art and politics. I find each of these subjects can inform my work daily. My passion and purpose is the pursuit of understanding what it means to live our best life and achieve our fullest potential.”
Here’s my video