If you feel that your thinking processes are on a slippery slope downward, take it seriously, especially since a few relatively simple steps can make a world of difference.
In this series of health tips, we’ve explored many of the reasons for compromised brain function. I’d like to close the series by listing five supplements I believe are your best bet for maintaining a healthy brain:
• Phosphatidyl serine, 100 mg twice a day. This versatile memory enhancer acts on the brain chemical acetylcholine, needed for focus and memory.
• Phosphatidyl choline, 500 mg once a day. Another component needed for acetylcholine production.
• Coenzyme Q 10, 50 mg once a day. This remarkable anti-aging supplement is used around the world.
• Vinpocetine, 10 mg twice a day. Vinpocetine improves circulation in the brain.
• Ashwagandha, 100 mg twice a day. Ashwagandha prevents breakdown of acetylcholine.
• Citicholine, 150 mg twice a day. Research indicates citicholine may enhance memory and slow down Alzheimer’s disease.
• Neuro Essentials To avoid the inconvenience and expense of taking a variety of supplements, I recommend Neuro Essentials by Integrative Therapeutics. It contains everything listed above, except the Co Q 10, which is worth taking separately. This newer high-absorption Co Q 10, UBHQ (ubiquinol), has eight times the absorption compared to other products.
Last, please take a good high-potency multiple vitamin to plug any inadvertent nutritional gaps in your otherwise stellar eating habits