Click here for the original post.
You yourself can balance your sex hormones–estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone–by making some key lifestyle choices.
Taking these steps will also help you look and feel spectacular (exercise, good foods, and supplements really do work):
• Exercise every day Walking is fine. Whatever exercise you do, do it outdoors in the sunlight whenever possible.
• Eat a high-fiber diet including flaxseed, whole bran, beans, seeds, veggies, and fruits. These foods will actually improve your estrogen levels.
• Dramatically reduce the amount of sugar you eat, including all forms of sugar and also high-glycemic foods, which rapidly convert to sugar. These are foods like potato chips and refined white-flour bread, pastries, and pasta.
• Eat more cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and cabbage. These contain a substance called indole-3-carbinol that converts potentially cancer-causing estrogen to a form of estrogen that actually protects your breasts.
• If you eat a lot of grapefruit, stop doing so and limit yourself to once or twice per month. Very recent research shows grapefruit blocks estrogen metabolism and actually increases the risk of breast cancer.
• Eat more soy products for their protective isoflavones. Other sources are legumes, whole grains, and vegetables.
• Choose mostly organic produce, dairy, and meats (and wild-caught fish) to avoid exposure to chemicals, foreign estrogens, and antibiotics.
• Use filtered water (reverse osmosis) to avoid estrogen in the water.
• Increase your omega 3 intake by regularly eating cold-water fish and flaxseed oil, or by taking fish oil supplements.
The most useful daily supplements to help you balance your hormones:
If you are menstruating:
• Triple Whammy B-100 Energy Complex
• Triple Whammy PMS Formula with Chasteberry
• Triple Whammy fish oil (Omega Essential)
• OsteoPrime Forte (calcium/magnesium/vitamin D)
Next time, solving thyroid imbalance.